Sling N’ Baits invites you to get involved in our first annual 2023 “Bank Masters Catfish Tournament". As a sponsor, your company/organization not only supports our efforts, but will receive the opportunity to reach a wide variety of active catfish anglers with your message. We offer a variety of sponsorship opportunities from which to choose, providing a level that will match everyone’s budget. Act quickly to give your company/organization the greatest opportunity to make an impact on our first annual 2023 “Bank Masters Catfish Tournament”. Download and complete our sponsorship form below. If you have any other questions regarding your sponsorship, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsorship Registration Deadline Date: March, 17th, 2023
*Sponsorship Logos: All sponsor logos must be submitted via email to email@example.com no later than deadline date listed above. Artwork must be high resolution PNG, JPG or PDF files.
Question: How do I register or enter to participate in a Sling N' Baits catfish tournament?
Answer: Visit our tournament webpage and locate the online registration box. Fill out the online form, complete payment and submit. Must be at least 18+ years old to register. Please carefully read and review all tournament terms & conditions before submitting registration.
Question: Can I register in person on the day of tournament?
Answer: No, all tournament registrations must be submitted online through our website.
Question: How much does it cost to register?
Answer: Tournament registration fee is $50.00 and is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-deferrable.
Question: Can I fish in the tournament without a partner?
Answer: Yes, you may fish in tournament with or without a partner.
Question: Can I fish in the tournament with a friend?
Answer: Yes, but there is a limit of only 2 persons per team registration.
Question: What if I want to add a second team member after I already registered an individual, single person team?
Answer: You may still add a second team member, but you must notify us immediately upon any changes regarding your registration.
Question: Is there an age limit?
Answer: No there is no age limit, adults and minors are welcome to participate in our tournaments. All minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult team captain, at least 18 years old.
Question: What if I have a disability but still want to participate in tournament?
Answer: Everyone is welcome to participate in our tournaments.
Question: Who will I be competing against? Will I be competing against pro anglers or professional sponsored teams?
Answer: We welcome anglers of all ages and skill levels to participate in our tournaments. There will be many different anglers and teams from experienced to beginners and even some anglers may choose to fish alone. Most teams will be family members, friends or co-workers.
Question: How many teams and/or anglers will I be competing against?
Answer: Our tournaments have an capped placement limit ranging from 20-30 team entries or less per tournament. For example; a tournament with a 20 team slot/placement limit, will have approximately 40 anglers in total competing in the tournament, if every team had 2 participants.
Question: Can I fish out of my boat during the tournament?
Answer: No, we currently only host bank fishing only tournaments. You’re only allowed to fish from the bank and/or shorelines including fishing docks. NO BOATS, KAYAKS OR WATERCRAFTS ARE ALLOWED in our tournaments.
Question: How many fishing poles can I use during the tournament?
Answer: Each team is allowed a six (6) rod limit. No team can have more than six (6) rods in use at anytime during the tournament. Individual/Single member teams are only allowed a three (3) rod limit. No individual can have more than three (3) rods in use at anytime during the event. A state of Kansas issued 3 pole permit/license is required if you’re going to be using three (3) fishing rods during the tournament.
Question: Do I get to keep the catfish I catch during the tournament?
Answer: No, our catfish tournaments are CATCH-AND-RELEASE only tournaments. All catfish caught during our tournaments and presented at the weigh-in station become the property of Sling N’ Baits. All catfish caught during our tournaments will be safely released back into the lake by Sling N’ Baits tournament staff.
Question: What do I hold my catfish in during the tournament before its time to weigh them?
Answer: Due to liability reasons, all tournament participants and/or teams must supply your own fish keeper basket/cage which can be used to hold your catches in alive until it’s time for weigh-in. There are serval videos and images online of DIY fish keeper baskets/holding pin systems that you could research for some ideas. We also have an “Big Catfish Exemption Rule” where if you catch a big catfish (20+ pounds) too large for a fish keeper basket/bag or DIY holding container, you’re allowed to bring your big catch back to the weigh-in station anytime during the official tournament competition hours, and have your catch officially weighed by our tournament director.
Question: What happens if my fish are dead when I bring them to the weigh-in scale?
Answer: All fish brought to the weigh-in scale must be alive, any dead fish will not be counted or scored!
Question: How do I win a tournament or place?
Answer: The total combined weight of each teams five (5) largest catfish caught during the tournament will determine tournament standings, placement and payouts. Cash prizes will be rewarded to 1st, 2nd & 3rd place teams. A prize will also be rewarded to the team who catches the single biggest catfish during the tournament.
Tournament Questions? Contact Us:
If you have any other questions or concerns regarding our catfish tournaments or your registration, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can also find FAQs on our tournament webpage.
The first annual 2023 “Bank Masters Catfish Tournament"
presented by Sling N’ Baits
BANK FISHING ONLY TOURNAMENT!
Location: Marion Reservoir (Marion, Kansas)
Date: Saturday June 17th, 2023
Competition Hours/Time: 6:00am - 3:00pm
Winners will be announced at the trophy ceremony
held immediately after tournament weigh-in.
1st place - $500.00
2nd place - $250.00
3rd place - $100.00
Tournament Bonus Prizes:
Biggest Catfish Bonus - $150.00
Tournament Director: Cecil Shaw
Open Registration Starts: December 1st, 2022
Registration closes on Deadline Date: April, 17th, 2023
or when all placement slots are reserved.
This tournament has a capped registration limit of 20 teams only. It is recommended that all participants pre-register ahead of time to avoid non-placement or deadline date.
Terms & Conditions:
Entry Fee: $50.00 per team registration. *Entry fees are non—refundable, non-transferable and non-deferrable.
Eligibility: This tournament event is open to the public. Must be at least 18+ years old to register a team.
1. Individuals and/or duo (2 person) teams only.
2. All teams must have a designated team captain, at least 18+ years old.
3. All minors under the age of 18 are welcome to participate, but must be accompanied by an adult team captain, at least 18 years old.
4. If you register a duo (2 person) team, we are required to verify the name and date of birth of all team members.
5. All teams are required to register a team name. *(Team names may not be changed after registration is completed.) Please use language appropriate for adults and children of all ages. Sling N’ Baits will deny your registration in the event when we are reasonably confident that your team name constitute or include profanity, inappropriate languages, explicit sexual content, discrimination, violence or abuse against people or groups, racial slurs or any other “hate speech."
Waiver & Liability Release:
*All tournament participants are required to complete and sign a wavier & liability release form before participating in our tournament. *Any minors participating in tournament that are under 18 years of age must have the signature of a parent or legal guardian on Waiver & Liability Release Form. Sling N’ Baits will deny your registration and participation in our tournament if you refuse to sign a wavier & liability release form!
Waiver & Liability Release Forms can be downloaded below or you may also fill one out on the day of the tournament. Please remember, we must have a Waiver & Liability Release on file before you can participate in our tournament. To save time, please download, print, complete, sign and return form to our mailing address:
Sling N’ Baits
PO BOX 20290
Wichita, KS 67208
Waiver & Liability Release Form (For Adults)
Waiver & Liability Release Form (For Minors)
These terms & conditions were last updated: 12/01/2022
Registered Teams List:
Official Tournament Rules:
The following tournament rules shall apply to all Sling N’ Baits catfish tournaments. These tournament rules may be changed by Sling N’ Baits at any time upon notification to all competition participants. Interpretation and enforcement of these tournament rules will be left exclusively to Sling N’ Baits.
These tournament rules were last updated: 12/01/2022
1. The use, possession or consumption of illegal drugs or alcohol during official competition, tournament hours or during pre- and post-tournament activities will be cause for automatic disqualification. Any other conduct reflecting unfavorably upon efforts to promote safety, sportsmanship, fair competition, and compliance with tournament rules shall be grounds for rejecting any application for participation and/or for disqualification.
2. A State of Kansas issued (KDWPT) fishing license is required to participate in our catfish tournaments. All participants must have their fishing license on-hand during the day of the event. A fishing license/permit inspection is required and will be conducted prior to participating in our catfish tournament.
3. Each participant is allowed a three (3) rod limit per angler. If you're planning on using three (3) rods during the tournament, a State of Kansas issued (KDWPT) 3 pole permit/license is required.
4. Each team is allowed a six (6) rod limit. No team can have more than six (6) rods in use at anytime during the tournament. Individual/Single member teams are only allowed a three (3) rod limit. No individual can have more than three (3) rods in use at anytime during the tournament.
5. All local, state and federal fishing laws and regulations will apply during our catfish tournaments.
6. Courtesy Rule: Maintain at least a 50 yards minimum distance from other competitors or non-competitors, unless invited closer. We ask that all participants be respectfully of one another during our tournaments. All participants deserve the right to compete and have fun in a friendly, safe, and competitive environment. Maximum courtesy must always be practiced, especially regarding tournament participants and while fishing near non-tournament participants. Any act of a participant which reflects unfavorably upon Sling N’ Baits or efforts to promote water safety, fisheries conservation, clean waters, and courtesy, will be reason for disqualification.
7. This is a CATCH AND RELEASE ONLY tournament. All catfish caught during our tournaments will be release back into the lake after weigh-in, by Sling N’ Baits tournament staff.
8. Each individual or team is allowed a five (5) catfish limit. If you catch more than five (5) catfish, you may only weigh the largest five (5) catfish but must release the rest immediately. At no time shall any individual participant or team have in their possession more than the tournament limit of five (5) total catfish, no exceptions!
9. You’re only allowed to fish from the bank and/or shorelines including fishing docks. NO BOATS, KAYAKS OR WATERCRAFTS ARE ALLOWED!
10. Do not trespass on any private properties or fishing docks! Do not fish in areas where signage states Off-Limits or No Fishing by state or federal agencies.
11. You’re only allowed to fish with rod and reel only. No trot lines, jug lines, throw- lines or any other fishing methods may be used in our catfish tournaments. You may use a casting net to catch your own fishing bait, but some bait fish must be legally caught by appropriate methods. Please visit the Kansas Department of Wildlife & Parks (KDWPT) website to learn more about legally catching bait in Kansas: https://ksoutdoors.com/Fishing/Fishing-Regulations/Bait-Fish
12. Legal fishing baits includes artificial lures, bait fish, prepared baits, vegetable materials, raw chicken, artificial bait, worms, crayfish, leeches, amphibians and mussels. Species listed as prohibited may NOT be possessed live or utilized as live bait. Please visit the Kansas Department of Wildlife & Parks (KDWPT) website to learn more about legal bait fish in Kansas: https://ksoutdoors.com/Fishing/Fishing-Regulations/Legal-Bait
13. Tournament Scoring: Tournament scoring and standings will be determined by the following: The total combined/cumulative weight of each team’s five (5) largest catfish caught. If your team catches less than five (5) catfish during the tournament, then you may still bring whatever catches you have to the weigh-in scale. Catfish species allowed for scoring are as followed: Blue catfish, flathead catfish, channel catfish and bullhead catfish.
14. All legal catches must be brought to the weigh-in scale within the designated weigh-in timeframe window, to be officially weighted and recorded by our tournament director. All fish presented at the weigh-ins become property of Sling N’ Baits. All fish will be weighed only at the discretion of the tournament director. Photographs are welcome at the weigh-in station, as long as catfish are quickly and safely released back into the lake, after they have been weighed and officially scored.
15. If you fail to arrive to the weigh-in scale within the designated weigh-in timeframe window, your catches will not be counted and they will not be eligible for scoring. Any fish caught before or after official tournament competition hours will not be eligible for scoring. Late weigh-ins will result in disqualification!
16. All catfish brought to the weigh-in scales must be alive. Any dead catfish will not be counted. NO STRINGERS, the use of any kind of fish stringer is strictly prohibited! We recommend getting a floating or collapsible fish basket to keep your catches safe and alive for weigh-in.
17. (Big Catfish Exemption Rule!) You’re allowed to weigh any catfish larger than 20+ pounds caught within the official competition hours, at any time during the tournament. For example; If you catch a 20+ pounds big catfish and it’s too large to hold in a fish keeper bag/basket, you’re allowed to immediately bring your big catch to the weigh-in station, at any time within the official tournament competition hours, and have your catch officially weighed and recorded by our tournament director. Our tournament staff will also help to make sure the big catfish is returned back into the lake quick and safely.
18. Tie-breakers: In the event there is a tie for a place/position, our tournament director will resolve the tie breaker using the following criteria: In the case of an individual event where two or more teams are tied, the winner will determined by the team with the single (1) largest catfish. If the tie is still not broken, the next team or individual with the two (2) largest catfish weights combined will be declared the victory.
19. Cash Prizes: Cash prizes will be rewarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Any winners that are not present at the event trophy/awards ceremony after the tournament, will be contacted and may schedule a later date/time to pick up their award. Cash Prize Taxes: Where and when state laws require, income tax may be automatically deducted prior to any cash prizes being presented. All tournament winners are responsible for all applicable taxes for any cash prize awards received.
20. Our tournament director may delay, shorten, restrict tournament waters, or cancel the start of an official tournament day due to bad weather or other factors that would endanger the safety of the participants. All tournament waters will be established by our tournament director. Our tournament director shall establish tournament waters at the pre-tournament briefing and define any known OFF-LIMITS areas. Fishing is also permitted within 50 yards of any marina gas pump.
21. If you show up late to the tournament, this will result in forfeiture of entry fee and disqualification from the tournament!
22. All tournament participants are required to attend our mandatory pre-tournament safety & rules briefing/meeting on the day of tournament. Failure to attend mandatory pre-tournament safety & rules briefing/meeting will result in forfeiture of entry fee and disqualification from the tournament!
23. All tournament participants are required to sign a Waiver & Liability Release Form in order to be eligible to participate in our catfish tournaments.
24. Dress Code & Team Uniforms: On tournament day, we encourage all teams to wear matching team uniforms such as fishing jerseys and/or colored t-shirts. Team uniforms are not a requirement but whatever clothing or team uniforms your team decides to wear on tournament day may not constitute or include the following: Profanity, inappropriate languages, explicit sexual content, discrimination, violence or abuse against people or groups, racial slurs or any other “hate speech”, including sexually suggestive images or text involving children, encourage hate or harassment of private individuals, abusive, threatening, or demeaning words, symbols, or images on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, national origin, or sexual orientation, promote, feature, or encourage the use of hard drugs, underage drinking, smoking, or marijuana use!
25. Due to liability reasons, all tournament participants and/or teams must supply your own fish keeper basket/cage which can be used to hold your catches in alive until it’s time for weigh-in. There are serval videos and images online of DIY fish keeper baskets/holding pin systems that you could research for some ideas.
Tournament Rules Violation & Disciplinary Action: Any participant that violates any of our tournament rules shall be reason for disqualification and you will lose your eligibility to participate in any other Sling N’ Baits tournaments or events in the future. In the event of a rule violation, Sling N’ Baits may impose such sanctions, as deemed appropriate, including, without limitation, disqualification, forfeiture of prizes and/or entry fee and forfeiture of eligibility from participation in subsequent tournaments. The decision of Sling N’ Baits tournament director shall be final in all matters. All participants should report any and all tournament rule violations to our tournament director or tournament staff.